Tuesday 17 December 2013

"The The Impotence of Proofreading"

A friend of mine linked me to this video; it's a clever poem about the importance of proofreading, which was done at the first Page Meets Stage pairing at the Bowery Poetry Club in November 2005:


It's not just college/university papers that people need to proofread more often, just look at Internet comments. They're full of terrible grammar, appalling spelling and incorrect word choices.

Then again, the amount of bad writers around creates jobs for proofreaders!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's why I have multiple people proofread my things for me. Yes, I was an English major, but it helps to have other eyes as well. I'm a perfectionist, though. Then again, when it comes to resumes and cover letters -- I freak out about that. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! I much prefer to proofread the work of others, rather than my own.

      Delete