Sunday 1 December 2013

A Christmas riddle

This morning, I heard the following riddle on the radio, on Heart:

"A sleigh full of Santas goes under a bridge and when it comes out the other side not a single Santa is on it. How can this be?"

The answer is between the dotted lines below; as to help prevent anyone from reading it before figuring the riddle out, I have whitened the text. Selecting the text with the mouse cursor will reveal the answer.
-------------------------------------------
"Because all the Santas are married!"
-------------------------------------------
The credit for this riddle goes (I think) to Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willis, as I heard it on their segment of today's schedule. There were several people who correctly guessed the answer and others who gave stupid responses. I thought the riddle was quite clever, even if perhaps slightly cringe-worthy!

6 comments:

  1. I was more interested in how you hid the answer, so I peeked. That was cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whiting out an answer is fairly common on the Internet; I think it's better than making a page unnecessarily long so that a reader has to scroll to see an answer.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I like this post a lot! That riddle is cute and I like how you hid it in the white text.

    ReplyDelete