Monday 23 December 2013

Wrapping Day

Today is the 23rd of December, which is sometimes known as Christmas Eve Eve or the Eve of Christmas Eve. One radio presenter I heard earlier suggested it be called Wrapping Day, stating that most people do their Christmas wrapping on the 23rd.

This wouldn't apply to my family, as we wrap up presents on Christmas Eve. It also wouldn't apply to at least one of friends, who wrapped up her gifts for others several days ago. Still, I've often wondered if the 23rd of December should have some sort of recognition besides being The Day Before the Day Before Christmas or Two Days Until Christmas.

Do you have an alternative name for the 23rd of December and does it have any sort of significance for you, or is it something you haven't really thought about?

4 comments:

  1. It applies to me this year! :p In the past, I'd have things done by October. I just wasn't into it this year since nan is gone and then everything else happening. :( I have a feeling, it'll probably be different from now on especially when I move. I wrapped the last three gifts today. I hope mom and dad like the gift I bought for all of us from Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't mean anything special for me personally...my husband said that it's the last day you can sign up for Obamacare and get January 1st coverage.

    ReplyDelete