Sunday 22 December 2013

Last batch of 2013's baking

My brother and I completed our third and final batch of Christmas 2013's baking:

Another flapjack; this one has mincemeat mixed in with the oats, unlike last year's mincemeat flapjack, which had the mincemeat used as filling. The flapjack wasn't particularly durable; it fell apart when I tried to cut it. We now have flapjack pieces rather than slices.

Brownies! The smaller batch of brownies, which was cooked in a round tin, also disintegrated when I cut it. Fortunately, the main batch was far more cohesive and didn't fall apart when I cut it and then extracted it from the baking tin.

We now have plenty of baked goods to eat. Despite the large amount, there is little risk of any serious weight gain; my family endeavours to partake in some form of exercise each day, usually walking. We'll be okay!

Finally, I would like to note that the reason I don't share the recipes for our baking is because the recipes are not mine and I do not have permission to share them.

8 comments:

  1. Plop some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge on the middle treat and call it a brownie sundae. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Take a look at this:

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mincemeat

      Delete
    2. Do you put actual meat in your mincemeat?

      Delete
    3. No, that's just the name. It's fruit. :)

      Delete
  3. Thise confectionsn look scrumptious! May you have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete