Saturday 14 December 2013

Starting the baking

My brother and I began the Christmas baking; we made two apple and oatmeal cakes, plus these cherry and coconut oatmeal cookies:

For Christmas this year, we're doing two, possibly three, batches of baking and ensuring that there is a short period of time between each batch. Last year, we baked a load at once and had to eat it all quickly to ensure that none of it went mouldy. Instead, we can eat these at a slower rate rather than rush it.

Oh, and last year we ended up with a record amount of Christmas candy, too, so we had all of that after the baked goods!

More baking-related posts will be coming soon.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I ate all the chocolate chip cookies (we started after Thanksgiving as this is graduation weekend). Mom was angry. I'm actually surprised, but I guess I'm starting to get an appetite somewhat.

    ReplyDelete