Tuesday 1 October 2013

Bloggers Blog Party - September 2013

Here is my September 2013 batch of pictures for the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party:

Friday, 6th September: My mother and brother spent the two previous days engaging in some major gardening in our back yard. They dealt with the blackspot-afflicted roses (don't worry...the rose plants are still there!) and removed the dying plants/tress. This weed escaped them.

Tuesday, 10th September: In a packet of jelly beans, I found this bizarre double-bean. They are not two beans that stuck together but rather, two beans that formed as one. It's not uncommon to find doubles in packets of jelly beans.

Sunday, 22nd September: This was the day of Dad's most recent barbecue. Lots of these little emerald-green flies were hanging around on the house wall, drawn in by the cooking meat. Needless to say, they didn't fly near the barbecue itself, given its heat, and even if they had they would have been swatted away.

Wednesday, 25th September: This is a burst boiled egg. Mum boils eggs on a regular basis but this was the first one to explode. My brother put it down to the egg having a thinner than usual shell.

Monday, September 30th: I went to a local store to buy a box of chocolates that I wanted to share; unfortunately, they were out of the particular type that I wanted! I bought this cheap £1 Galaxy Cookie Crumble instead, as I didn't want to end up going around the store carrying a basket and then leave without buying anything!

2 comments:

  1. Neat pictures! I have never seen a burst egg like that. Then again I don't eat eggs. :p But, that was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had to make sure that the egg wasn't rotten but it was safe to eat. :)

      Delete