Monday 14 October 2013

Mobile gaming

When I bought a better phone back in September 2012, I was introduced to mobile gaming. This style of gaming quickly appealed to me because most mobile games are designed for around 5-15 minutes of play at a time, providing a short but satisfactory burst of entertainment. They're not too time-consuming.

The first mobile game I played (and still occasionally play) was Glow Hockey; I like this game because it's pong-like and is suitable on a touchscreen device. I have board games such as Reversi/Othello and chess on my phone, puzzles like Lazors and Candy Crush Saga, and a couple of racing apps. I also enjoy running games like Temple Run 2; they're simple yet fun, even if only for a quarter of an hour at a time.

I tend to play the games when I'm alone; I'm either waiting for something or am playing merely because I want to. I do not play any games on my phone when I am in a social situation; I'm not a hypocrite — I don't blog about people using their phones when in the company of other people and then engage in the behaviour that I've criticised!

Are there any mobile games that you enjoy?

2 comments:

  1. I used to play Song Pop. Eh, I'm not a big gamer and life got chaotic, so I stopped. It also ate up a lot of battery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's necessary, battery life is an effective limiter when it comes to mobile gaming. :)

      Delete