Thursday 17 October 2013

"Welcome to My Life" - Simple Plan

One of the first songs my brother and I heard when we regularly started listening to the radio was this:


It's "Welcome to My Life" by Simple Plan, a Canadian band. It was released in 2004 and comes from their album Still Not Getting Any. Listening to this song reminds me of when I was discovering radio/pop music.

"Welcome to My Life" was their last major hit for several years; I didn't think I would ever hear Simple Plan on the radio again until the emergence of their single "Summer Paradise" last year. The international version of the song features Sean Paul and became their biggest hit here. I haven't heard "Summer Paradise" on the radio for a year now but it was good to hear Simple Plan again during the single's run. Still, "Welcome to My Life" is the more significant song, as far as I'm concerned.

4 comments:

  1. I remember that band! I copied that CD, I think I copied it the same time I copied the Twiztid CD. I'm not sure what happened to that CD, though. I guess Twiztid outlived Simple Plan. :p I actually have found a lot of the mixes I made have corrupted and not all the tracks play, which makes me really sad (especially since I wanted to put a lot on my iPod... guess I'll have to buy the songs or beg for CDs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has Simple Plan's first two albums. :)

      Delete
    2. I liked Good Charlotte more. I found their first album in my collection! Woohoo! Yeah. -_- I am missing some and then there are some CDs Danny never gave back to me after the breakup, which I need to repurchase. It sucks. -_-

      Delete
    3. I like Good Charlotte, too! Never heard their songs on the radio here, though, and 2007 was the last time in US that I recall them having a major hit. :(

      A shame that you have to re-purchase them. :(

      Delete