Sunday 27 October 2013

Brooke Greenberg memorial

Back in January, I wrote a brief piece to draw attention to the condition that afflicted Brooke Greenberg. She had a condition titled "Syndrome X", which stopped her growth and kept her in body of a five-year-old and with the mind of a nine-month-old. I'm sorry to say that she has died:


In my post, I expressed my hope that a cure would one day be found for Greenberg. It's upsetting that this won't come to be. I wish her family the best.

Additionally, I'm surprised by the lack of reporting on her death. It's possible that little has been said because of her family maintaining their privacy but I thought, given the extreme scarcity of her condition, that her death would be given wider coverage.

Brooke Greenberg
January 8th, 1993 - October 24th, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a shame. :( Sometimes it makes me wonder how things like these happen. I'm not good at biology, but I'm fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that anyone else with her condition can be treated. :(

      Delete