Sunday 13 October 2013

Ancient Egypt kit

Just to follow up on my Egyptian-style necklace, here is a picture of the kit it came from:

I'm not actually sure what's still in the kit, as I haven't opened it for a long time; the kit can be locked but I don't think I sealed it. When I first opened the kit when we unpacked it two years ago, some of the ink for the hieroglyph ink stamps had leaked all over the insides; fortunately, nothing of consequence was ruined. I'll have a look inside.

I'm also not sure what I'll ultimately end up doing with this kit, along with some of my other belongings that are unused-but-nice-to-have. It currently serves as a decoration.

6 comments:

  1. When i was little my best friend had this kit and I had a similar one with bigger hieroglyphic stamps and we used to send messages back and forth in hieroglyphs. :) What a funny reminder of childhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! It's good to hear about someone else who had one! :D

      Delete
  2. Looks neat! If you explore, post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a ton of things I don't need but hold onto anyway, but it's so hard to get rid of the few I do have.

    ReplyDelete