Sunday 8 September 2013

South Yorkshire images

On the 30th of August, my grandfather took me and my brother to South Yorkshire. He wanted to take us to some more places that are important in our family's history; however, the only pictures I'll be sharing are the ones I took at Rother Valley Country Park. The park isn't quite as significant to the family as the other places we went to that day but it was somewhere that my grandfather used to visit with his children.

Some boaters out on the lake. The water sports that take place at Rother Valley Country Park are similar to those at Holme Pierrepont in Nottinghamshire, such as water skiing and boating. Unlike Holme Pierrepont, which is one long rectangle, the country park has a proper lake containing plenty of room for people to move around.

A shot to show off both a curve on the lake and the most beautiful part of the afternoon.

A water skier; there are ski cables and some jumps in one part of the lake. Not all of the lake is open to boating and skiing.

I was lucky to make this capture of a skier falling into the water! I'm not sure if it's the same person from the previous image.

As with most parks here in the United Kingdom, the Canada geese were present. This trio was after food but stomped off after they realised we didn't have any.

The bare patch on the hill in the distance reminded my grandfather of the ski slopes in Lake Tahoe.

The South Yorkshire trip was the last journey any of us made during the Nottingham visit; the next long drive in a car was my brother's and my return home.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the geese. ^_^ One of my favorite birds.

    http://clayxmatthewsxfan89.blogspot.com/2013/09/septa-changing-fares.html

    ReplyDelete