Sunday 29 September 2013

The old receipt

Earlier today, I was looking through my old wallet, which my grandfather gave me many years ago. The wallet was empty, with the exception of a receipt hidden in one of the folds. When I checked the receipt, it was from the only time I ever bought something from Wal-Mart.

What did I buy? It was a supersoaker. Its price? About $30 (£18), and was among the most expensive items I had ever bought until the past few years. When did I buy it? On June 10th, 2000...over 13 years ago.

I had no idea that I still had that receipt! It's outlasted the supersoaker, which was either thrown away or donated a few years ago. Neither the wallet nor the receipt takes up much space in my bedroom, as they're both inside a tin full of miscellaneous items. My finding of the receipt can be considered one of those little surprises that just makes you smile.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I should look for my old receipts. I had some receipts from CDs I bought in 2003. Always fun to look back. :)

    ReplyDelete