Sunday 15 September 2013

Potentially bad timing

Three days ago, I wrote a short post about Robin Thicke's 2007 hit, "Lost Without U". Two days later, I wrote about him and Miley Cyrus at the VMAs. It occurred to me that it might have been bad timing to have written a mostly positive piece about Thicke one day and then two days later be moderately critical of him. Why the praise on one day and the criticism so soon after?

I had wanted to write about "Lost Without U" before the VMA incident because I felt that the song had been forgotten thanks to the success of "Blurred Lines". After the VMAs, I realized that I had been provided with an opening to highlight that the track came from a time when Thicke was known for a decent song rather than bizarre stunts and controversy. It was a spur of the moment decision to later write about the VMAs performance and I didn't think much about the post for the song until afterwards.

I suspect that I've written this more for my own benefit than anyone else's, but if there were any apparent timing oddities then I hope I've clarified them!

2 comments: