Thursday 26 September 2013

"Summertime Sadness" - Lana Del Rey

One of my favorite songs at the moment is "Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey:


When I first heard the song on the radio, it was the remix by Cédric Gervais. This remix has significantly contributed to the success "Summertime Sadness", but I prefer the original version of the single; the original grew on me after a few listens. To be fair, I wouldn't have listened to the original if I hadn't heard the remix.

I wasn't really sure about Lana Del Rey until recently. I first heard her singles "Video Games" and "Born to Die" over a year ago, and I neither liked nor disliked them. Since the start of the year, my opinion of her singing had been in a state of change; the arrival of "Summertime Sadness" to British radio was the final push I needed to start fully enjoying her music. I intend to get her second studio album, Born to Die, which contains the aforementioned tracks.

2 comments: