Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Vado

When looking at the mess on my computer desk I picked up this item:

It's my Creative Vado, a pocket digital camcorder. My grandfather gave it to me not long after my family and I had moved back from the United States. I was excited when I received it because it was my both my first new camera in several years and my first video camera. In my excitement, I did annoy certain family members for a brief spell when I constantly filmed various events, both exciting and unimportant, alike!

Sadly, I hardly use the Vado now. I rarely take videos and when I do I use my phone, as I'm usually carrying that device rather than the Vado. Still, I think the Vado is worth keeping because the videos that my phone takes occupy a huge amount of storage space; the Vado's resolution is only 640x480 but its videos are decent in quality, even if they are small. If I ever needed to take a long video but didn't want it to be several hundred megabytes (or even a few gigabytes) in size, I would use the Vado.

My last two major uses of the Vado were: Late last year when I went to visit my East of England relatives, as I used it to film their cats and the bus trips to Norwich, and earlier this year during the heavy snow. In addition, I brought it with me when Becca and I went to see Carrie Underwood at the Royal Albert Hall and it is also one of the three pieces of electronic equipment that I passed to my uncle during my mud jump at Chatsworth House in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool looking! I wish I took a picture of really old things I owned while I still had them. It's fun going back to look at all the old pictures I took in HS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a cool looking device, isn't it? :)

      Delete