Friday 20 September 2013

The hockey ball

Here is another part of my sports-related belongings:

It's my (used to be mine and my brother's but came into my full possession) hockey ball. For a short spell during our last year in California, my brother and I went through a phase of wanting to become hockey players; however, we were interested in the financial aspect of hockey rather than the enjoyment of the game. One evening when on the way back from work, Dad dropped in at a sports shop to buy two hockey sticks and this ball, which allowed me and my brother to play street hockey against each other.

While my brother and I ended our hockey phase shortly afterwards, we continued to play street hockey, even playing it for our first couple of years in Oregon. In the end, we donated our hockey sticks but I kept the ball.

My hockey ball is kept in the same place as my baseball. I think Dad bought the hockey ball around the same time that I found the baseball. The hockey ball is scratched and scuffed but is otherwise in good condition; there is no structural reason why it couldn't be used in a game again.

2 comments:

  1. Neat! I used to love playing hockey. I once won something for scoring a few goals when I was 7. :)

    ReplyDelete