Wednesday 4 March 2015

The 6+ mile walk

After I returned home on the bus from college this afternoon, I stayed briefly to pick up a food item and some water before I headed back out again. Since the weather was excellent (sunny, warmish and a pleasant breeze), I decided it would be a great idea for me to walk to my house to my college, using my bus route. While it follows a major road, it is safe because there are paths for pedestrians to use.

My walk began at around 1:35 and I arrived at my college at 3:18, or an hour and forty-three minutes, and exceeded six miles; however, if I count the walking to and from my buses for class plus my walking around the city centre in the afternoon, I estimate that I have walked about eight miles today.

I was already in a wonderful mood when I reached the city centre of Nottingham but my good mood was enhanced further when I encountered my Employability teacher. She was delighted to see me and thought that I had just left college; she was surprised when I told her that I'd been on a "monster" walk!

At some point I'll have to walk to my college and then back again; this afternoon, I took a bus back, as it was late in the afternoon and I did not want to spend another two hours walking for my return journey.

I'll be sure to post some pictures from today in a later post.

4 comments:

  1. I love long walks like that. I can't wait for the weather to be nice here again. I needed a long walk like this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll be able to take walks again soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you. Do you have a pedometer? I like mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't. :/ Something that roughly tells me my exact mileage would be useful!

      Delete