Thursday 5 March 2015

Collected from a non-designated stop

Something unexpected happened earlier. While I was walking down the main road towards the bus stop, I noticed my bus coming; I mentally groaned, as I knew I would miss the bus because I wasn't anywhere close enough to my stop. Regardless, I attemped to make a run for it in the off-chance that I reached my stop in time.

To my surprise, the bus hooted at me; when I turned around, it had slowed down and the driver, who had obviously recognised me, motioned for me to board. As such, it was no longer necessary for me to run; I just got on board, thanked the driver, swiped my card on the scanner and sat down. No further hassle.

What a pleasant shock! Usually bus drivers might wait for someone who is rapidly approaching a nearby bus stop but this is the first time I've encountered one stop for someone who wasn't even near a designated stop. I feel honoured that the bus driver did this for me; it wasn't something he was obliged to do at all. I think it's an understatement to say that I appreciate my bus drivers.

4 comments: