Tuesday 24 March 2015

Bus stop from the rain

I walked this morning, as it was a pleasant and sunny day with moderate cloud cover. I had been walking four about half an hour when I suddenly began to feel minute drops of water on my face. I thought little of them at first but the tiny droplets turned into a full-fledged shower, which forced me to turn around and bolt back home.

Fortunately, there was a sheltered bus stop on my route, so I hid in there. A lady was waiting in the stop and said that she had been caught by the rain, too, but unlike me, she was catching a bus, which arrived a couple of minutes after we'd started talking. After we'd said our goodbyes, I waited in the stop for between 15 - 20 minutes before the weather cleared and I resumed my original walk.

No buses came down the street while I waited but if they had, they would not have stopped for me because I deliberately kept out of their line of sight so that they wouldn't waste time picking up somebody who wasn't going to board.

4 comments:

  1. At least it's warm enough to rain. I got caught in a blizzard on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did hail a little while I was waiting but no snow. :)

      Delete