Saturday 14 March 2015

Hucknall

A sense of satisfaction - and relief - came over me when I saw this sign:

I walked to Hucknall, a town to the north of Nottingham. I walked a minimum of twelve miles today, although I suspect I walked much more once my walking around the centres of Nottingham and Hucknall and my walk after my return bus journey are both counted. I had initially intended to walk from Hucknall back to the centre of Nottingham but I wasn't in any condition to do so.

The goal of my walking, besides the exercise, had been to reach Hucknall entirely on foot and this is what I have accomplished. Of course, I intend to continue my walks but Hucknall walks will be rare! I'm pleased with today's walk but I'm shattered and my feet hurt. I shall have to rest.

On a side note, I don't want my social media feeds to become overwhelmed with nothing but my walking activities.

6 comments:

  1. You should get a fitbit or a microsoft band or something similar to track your walks. Depending on the device it will tell you how many steps and distance and some track your path too. I've found the info super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good to learn just how long these walks are, in terms of mileage. :)

      Delete