Sunday 26 October 2014

Cousin and clocks

Today has been mostly quiet. My Lincoln cousin returned to her city this afternoon, and my aunt and uncle will return to the East of England tomorrow. We'll be a few people short here and will be another person short when my brother heads back home next Sunday.

The clocks changed last night: they were set back by one hour. While it'll be nice to have lighter mornings for the next few months, it does, as always, come at the expense of the Sun setting earlier, which will lead to darker evenings. Today, it was starting to become dark at around 5:00pm.

6 comments:

  1. Our clocks turn next week! It's hard to believe all ready! I love when it gets dark early, but I notice it gets lighter a bit later too. I remember in the summer when I'd walk to the bus, the sun would rise at 5:20 am... the winter it was always a bit after 6 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd much rather it be lighter in the mornings and darker at night.
    Sunrise was 8:09 today. I wake up 6:00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shame we can't have it lighter at both ends of the day. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I hate when the clocks fall back for the winter, it's SO dark and depressing. It happens here next weekend and I've been dreading it for weeks. I hope you had a fun time having your family in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does become that way, unfortunately. :/

      I did. :)

      Delete