Thursday 23 October 2014

First half-term break

Today's Sociology lesson was both the last class of this week and our last lesson until 3rd November. We don't have English tomorrow because it's a teacher training day. As a result, today officially began our first half-term break.

One would think that I would be looking forward to some time off from college but to be honest, I'm actually not. I enjoy going to college four days a week; I love the lessons and I love meeting up with my friends. It will be unusual not going in tomorrow or next week.

There are three mitigating factors, fortunately. My cousin at university in Lincoln is here for tonight and tomorrow, my English teacher will be running a two-hour workshop next Wednesday (which I will attend!) and my brother will be coming up on Saturday to stay for the week. It'll be the first time in almost months that I've seen him and my parents.

As for today's lesson, our usual Sociology teacher was out sick today, which meant that a substitute teacher was present for us. The substitute performed well and I had a lengthy conversation with her after I had finished my work; I was the last to leave college and then I went to the train station to meet up with my cousin.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you get a long fall break! Our fall break only lasted a few days, but between mid-December and mid-January we had a winter break.

    Have fun and enjoy your family's visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd like college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got a fall break (unless you count Thanksgiving) but I assure you if I did have one I would have been thrilled ha. I'm sorry you're not terribly excited about yours.

    ReplyDelete