Wednesday 22 October 2014

Philly cheesesteak

After class, five of my friends and I went to a pub for lunch. I opted for a Philly cheesesteak sandwich: it was a new choice on the pub branch's menu and when I was in Manchester last month, of the people at the meetup I attended up there had one for dinner. I thought it looked delicious and made a mental note to have one when I next went to the pub to eat.

During this lunctime, the first Philly cheesesteak that I'd eaten in many, many years was, by far, the worst Philly cheesesteak I've ever eaten. The onions were excessively sweet, the meat was cold and the baguette was as though I were eating rubber. That meal also holds the record of the worst-ever pub meal I've had to endure. I've now created a mental note to not have that choice again and I told my brother to not consider it the next time he eats at a pub.

On the bright side, the hour and a half/two hours I spent at the pub with my friends was beyond enjoyable enough to overcome my substandard lunch. At the end of the day, this is what counts.

6 comments:

  1. That is SO disappointing. I LOVE Philly Cheesesteaks, especially when they're made with Cheese Whiz which sounds kind of gross but it's so good. Ooh I could totally go for one right now (even after reading about your gross one haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go for another one as long as it's delicious. :)

      Delete
  2. This made me smile. The UK sounds like it makes the Philly cheesesteak spot on. :) It's a shame you can't send me one and I can't send you the ones mom and I make!

    I'm glad you had a good time as well. Hanging out with friends are always fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it had been spot on it would have been delicious...unless your experience with Philly cheesesteaks hasn't been positive! :D

      Yes, it was a great time. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you ate a British Philly Cheesesteak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first one I'd eaten that wasn't Californian or homemade. I just wish that it had been tastier!

      Delete