Tuesday 14 October 2014

Bottle error

When my grandfather came back home from work and shopping this afteroon, I helped him carry the groceries to the kitchen. While he was packing items away, I noticed several bags of alcohol bottles in the porch. I picked them up and carried them into the kitchen.

I was slightly surprised that my grandfather appeared to have purchased an absurd amount of alcohol but I didn't dwell much on it. When I had transferred the bottles to the kitchen, my grandfather pointed out that I had just brought back the bottles he was going to put out for recycling.

Epic fail on my part! I hadn't even noticed that all the bottles were empty; I was too focused on ensuring I carried them carefully to the kitchen. Fortunately, everyone laughed and I helped to carry the bottles back to the porch. Next time, I should pay a little more attention!

1 comment: