Thursday 2 October 2014

Bloggers Blog Party - September 2014

September 2014 was a plentiful month for the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party; I had several excellent and interesting topics from which I could choose:

Tuesday, 2nd September: My grandfather had recently bought a mat. After a few days, fungus started to grow on it. While my grandfather and I found the fungal growth on the mat to be fascinating, there shouldn't be any fungus growing on a mat.

Tuesday, 9th September: There were several towers of hay present in a nearby field; I don't know if the towers are still there because I haven't returned to the field since this picture.

Thursday, 11th September: This is a delicious bowl of apple slices, dried apricots and - wait for it - sour grapes. I like sour grapes; it's rotten or squishy grapes that I dislike. I'm not fond of apricots in general but I love them dried.

Tuesday, 18th September: One of my friends from college generously brought in muffins to share; the muffins were delicious. Instead of photographing food in class, I photographed the wrapper at home before I disposed of it.

Saturday, 20th September: I vigorously shook a carton of pineapple juice to the point where the contents became frothy. Honestly, this is a glass of pineapple juice and not a glass of beer...or something less appetising. Pineapple-flavoured froth, while odd, is tasty.

Monday, 29th September: When I was walking down the lane where my return bus stop is located, I noticed this The Hunger Games-decorated tile on the path. It's obviously promoting the next The Hunger Games film, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, which is due for release in November. To answer the hashtag message, I have read Mockingjay.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love seeing what you are up to. I really like the hay photo, our hay is cylindrical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      I remember those hay bales. :) There are cylindrical hay bales here.

      Delete
  2. Haha, it does look like beer! I love pineapple juice, though. A grocery store here sells butter beer, which I guess is butterscotch non-alcoholic drink. I have to try it - it sounds interesting.

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's based on the Harry Potter butterbeer. :)

      Thank you! :D

      Delete