Tuesday 1 April 2014

Bloggers Blog Party - March 2014

These are my images from March 2014 for the Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party. March was an excellent month for photography!

Saturday, 1st March:

Picture #1: Dad and I went to the car wash in the afternoon. Those green bubbles are soap, not something disgusting smeared all over a random window.

Picture #2: Half an hour or so after Dad and I returned from the car wash, this one-man hot air balloon flew over our house. The pilot was low enough to see Dad's wave and returned it.

Saturday, 8th March: This is a hyacinth that was growing in a pot in our back yard, heralding in the beginning of spring.

Tuesday, 11th March: My brother spotted this pigeon that was perched in our front yard's conifer. At first we thought it was defending a nest but it's more likely the pigeon was simply perching here to rest or to watch for other pigeons: since this picture was taken, we've only seen the pigeon perched in the conifer once.

This is the same conifer that was once claimed by a bee swarm.

Thursday, 20th March: When in the local park I noticed this piece of garbage on the ground. It's extremely disappointing that some people still litter. It's not as though there is a shortage of facilities where garbage can be deposited!

Friday, 28th March: I accidentally exploded a lump of butter in the microwave when my brother and I were doing some baking; there was a mess but my brother cleaned it up (he wanted to clean it, I wasn't being lazy!) and our microwave is fine. This is the second time we've blown something up in a microwave; years ago we somehow destroyed some popcorn.

Monday, 31st March: I cut the grass in our front and back yards. I was going to cut it later this week, but the weather appeared as though it were about to rain and I thought it best to cut the grass while it was dry; it sprinkled a tiny bit, but there was otherwise no rain.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I love the pigeon one. :) It makes me sad to see people litter as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pigeon was fun to watch. :)

      It's just a shame and saddening that some people do still litter. :(

      Delete