Thursday 10 April 2014

The college interview

Today's interview at the college exceeded my expectations. The progression advisor I spoke to was an incredibly helpful lady; not only did she interview me and give me plenty of advice, but she also put me on a brief assessment course, which was a surprise. This assessment allowed the college to give some insight into my level of knowledge in English and Maths, and therefore helped my advisor to find suitable courses for me. She found two consecutive 1-year courses, which would qualify me for university once they're complete.

I have not yet applied for any course, though. I am discussing the matter with my family and will make a decision in the coming weeks. Until more developments occur, this is all I'll be writing about on this topic for now, although I can say that today was an excellent start to my return to education. We'll see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I vote yes for moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too; I just need to work some things out first. )

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congratulations. I'm so glad that it went so well. So you have to take two year-long courses before you can start normal college classes? Whatever, that will totally be worth it. I'm excited to hear what you decide.

    ReplyDelete