Friday 18 April 2014

The cold continues

I am still sick with the cold I wrote about three days ago. I no longer have the sore throat, but I've been experiencing nose troubles and painful coughs. I have been fortunate that I haven't had much to do this week other than some research.

As I keep telling myself, though, I'm glad that I've been sick this week rather than last: it would have been awful to have had this cold while at my interview or at any other time during my recent stay with my grandparents.

On an unrelated note, in the past half an hour my brother and I spent several minutes evicting an enormous fly from the house. In the past week, flies have become extremely common around the neighbourhood but all of them - except for this one - have been normal-sized flies. This one was huge! While I had a glass ready to use to catch it, my brother was able to guide it out of an open window.

8 comments:

  1. Feel better! I'm glad you didn't have it last week either -- I have big feelings for you achieving things! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cold is progressing like mine do. It's nice that you didn't kill the fly. Do you swat mosquitoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually swat anything unless it lands on me; even then, it's to swat it away rather than to kill it. I tend to ignore small insects and I haven't seen any mosquitoes around.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better. The flies haven't started attacking here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're way nicer than me, shooing the fly out of the house, I definitely would have smashed it. (don't judge me)

    ReplyDelete