Wednesday 2 April 2014

"Hold On" - Wilson Phillips

This is another one of the many song I was introduced to via Heart radio:


It's "Hold On" by the band Wilson Phillips; it was released in 1990 and is from their self-titled debut album. "Hold On" is a positive song and it always improves my mood whenever I listen to it.

There are various interpretations of "Hold On", according to some people (comments after the lyrics). Some thought it was about getting out of an abusive relationship while others considered to be about battling drug abuse. I thought the song was merely a generalized message about not giving up while simultaneously not letting others put you down, which, of course, can still cover the aforementioned interpretations plus any others mentioned in the second link.

How do you interpret "Hold on"? Regardless of what way one views the song, it's an awesome track and I love listening to it.

7 comments:

  1. I love this song! Mom;s radio station plays it all the time. It actually gives me hope because although times can be tough, don't give up and things will be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Don't give up! :) Heart plays it at least once a week, and that's during the times we're times.

      Delete
  2. I always liked that song. I wonder why Carnie's sister was almost absent in that video. (Can't remember her name.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, either. :/ Yes, I like this song the moment I heard it. :)

      Delete
  3. This song always reminds me of the movie Bridesmaids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOK7ijzywgs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the video! I haven't seen that movie before. :)

      Delete