Sunday 6 April 2014

The tennis match and the boat race

Today was a quieter day than yesterday. I spent the morning with my grandmother watching a tennis match. The tennis match in question was a Davis Cup quarter-final match between Andy Murray of the United Kingdom and Fabio Fognini of Italy. Fognini defeated Murray in straight sets, which wasn't surprising; Murray had been ill earlier this week and was exhausted due to a doubles match from yesterday, and Fognini is as an excellent player on a clay court, on which this game was played. While Murray was beaten handily, it was still a pleasant match to watch.

In the evening, my grandmother and I watched the 2014 boat race between the university cities of Cambridge and Oxford. The two cities hold an annual boat race between their respective universities. Oxford were victorious in 2014's race, defeating Cambridge in a landslide (or a waterslide?).

I don't follow sports but if I'm at my grandparents' house, it's a quiet day and my grandmother is watching sports, I'll watch them with her, especially if it's tennis.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember watching those tennis matches with nan. Nan loved tennis.

    I'm exhausted: I took a walk, pictures and then apartment and job searches. I'll post things soon. Parents are getting in at 10:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum used to watch Wimbledon when we lived in the US.

      Delete
  2. I've been to Oxford! I think you were probably about three at the time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete