Friday 25 April 2014

How awful

This is despicable:


What sort of sick and twisted individual does something like this? I have always hated it when humans harm humans, but it takes a deeply repugnant person to abuse and murder animals.

Cruelty towards/killing animals doesn't carry the same sentencing that hurting or killing a fellow human does, but honestly, it should do: this person is a danger to society. It's not uncommon for murderers to start off by harming animals and then progressing to hurting humans.

The article mentions that it's unclear if the cats were feral or domestic. I don't think it matters either way: those cats did not deserve to be slaughtered and hung up. I hope the perpetrator is found soon.

6 comments:

  1. Agree with you, Andrew. I honestly think humans should be punished more severely for animal cruelty because they say animal cruelty is an early sign of a psychopath and they usually go onto murdering humans. I remember when Michael Vick, football quarterback that played for the Falcons then went to jail for dog fighting then was signed to the Eagles for 5 years, Philadelphians for the most part excused his disgusting behavior... that made me hate Philly teams even more. Vick was just signed to the Jets and I'm glad New Yorkers are at least showing outrage. Ah, man, sorry for my rant: animal cruelty really, really, really disgusts me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Michael Vick. I remember his being in trouble for animal cruelty.

      Don't apologize! It's fine.

      Delete
  2. This upsets me like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange, but I have a bigger heart for most animals than for most humans. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals rely on instinct; if they have to kill another creature, it's because of their own need to survive and not due to some sick desire to harm others.

      Delete