Monday 27 January 2014

"Whine Up" - Kat DeLuna

After yesterday's post about one-hit wonders, I decided to have a think about highlighting a one-hit wonder from the 2000s who wasn't on the link that was in the post. When I chose an artist, I later learnt that they're actually not a one-hit wonder, but regardless, I wanted to write about her anyway:


This is "Whine Up" by Kat DeLuna featuring Elephant Man, which was a hit during the summer of 2007 and is from DeLuna's debut album, 9 Lives. I thought that DeLuna was a one-hit wonder due to "Whine Up" being her most known track; however, upon further research I discovered that, while "Whine Up" is her most popular, a few of her other singles have had fairly decent chart success...enough to pull her out of one-hit wonder status, in my opinion.

Again, this song was a hit in the summer of 2007...a time when some really great music permeated the airwaves.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm not familiar with this song. It's interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'll have to listen to her other songs; I've always liked "Whine Up". :)

      Delete
  2. Have you ever tried Feedly? Her face is big and pretty on your post. Or maybe it's a different post. I might be confused. I started a new blog today. Click on Susie to get there. It's so barren. (my blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've heard of Feedly before, so I'm not exactly sure what it is! :/

      Commented over there for you! :)

      Delete
    2. I'm backtracking...Feedly is supposed to be a better reader than blogger.

      Delete
    3. Oh, okay. I don't use any other reader besides Blogger itself.

      Delete