Wednesday 22 January 2014

The checkers board

When looking through some of my family's board games, I found this:

It's my solid oak checkers board, which I received for my 7th birthday along with the checkers set that came with it. I have not used it in years but it's something I indent to keep, as it is an excellent board and is too decent to throw away. As a checkers board is exactly the same as a chess board, this board is perfect to use for chess. There's another good reason for keeping this board:

It doubles as a tic-tac-toe board! It would be an absolute waste to discard it.

4 comments:

  1. Neat. :) We have dad's chess boards somewhere. Those are neat (and marble).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your motto is:

    When in doubt, throw it out!
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I do have a lot of stuff, with quite a lot of it still packed away! British houses are considerably smaller than their American equivalents.

      Delete