Wednesday 15 January 2014

Cinema etiquette

I read this article yesterday about cinema etiquette:


Interestingly enough, despite the amount of times I've been to the cinema, I haven't had any of these problems. Granted, I've seen people use their phones and eat a little too loudly before the presentation starts - such as during the adverts - but during the movie itself, the issues listed in the aforementioned article haven't been anything that I've had to worry about at the cinema.

That doesn't mean that I haven't come across any distractions, though. When Dad, my brother and I went to see the first Harry Potter film in 2001, there was a man who got up every twenty minutes to go to the bathroom; while I can't fault someone for needing the restroom, this guy had drunk a lot of sodas. In 2009, when we went to see the Harry Potter film from that year (it's a coincidence that they were both Potter films), there was a guy who, five minutes from the end, decided to leave; rather than going back through the building's hallways, he exited using the door near to the screen. The result? As it led directly to the outside - and as it was a hot and sunny day - he flooded the dark room with incredibly bright sunlight.

I won't deny that many people do encounter inconsiderate types at the cinema, but I've been lucky to have not come across any other than the two I mentioned above. How have your experiences at the cinema been?

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I can't remember any really awful experiences. I can't understand, though, why someone would leave 5 min before the movie is over? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's possible that he'd seen the last five minutes of the film at the cinema previously, or that he got bored right before the end, or he was just an idiot. :P

      Delete
  2. For the most part pretty good, but we don't go a lot because I get free DVDs at work, LOL.

    ReplyDelete