Friday 24 January 2014

Street lights

Ever since we moved to Northamptonshire, some of the street lights in our neighbourhood have either been dead or dying. Granted, most of the lights have been working but it has been annoying that a few have effectively been useless.

That all changed this morning. A large utility van with a crane mounted on the roof came to the neighbourhood; using the crane, a maintenance worker appeared to be fixing each of the dead/dying lights and it didn't take long for him to fix them.

For the first time since we've lived here, our part of the neighbourhood is fully illuminated! When I look out of my window, there aren't any dead streets lights in my view. The restoration of these lights makes it safer and more convenient for everyone living here. It'll also be good to no longer have to hear anyone complain about the lights being out!

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. We don't have much of that here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the safety part, but do they keep you up at night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. They're not much different from street lights in the US.

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous! We don't have streetlights in our neighborhood and it is way too dark outside at night. Doesn't feel as safe. :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is both a major concern and strange. When my family lived in town in California, I recall street lights in our neighborhood.

      Welcome to my blog, Minxy! :)

      Delete