Thursday 10 January 2013

Spotting errors

I love receiving feedback, as everyone does: I have always been open to people posting comments and sending me e-mails when they have something to say to me. It's a wonderful feeling to have someone say something nice or provide a valuable opinion; this includes being corrected if I've made an error.

After I wrote my previous post I reviewed it, as I always do with my writing prior to pressing "Publish", and discovered that I had made an unusually high amount of grammatical errors. I then spent half an hour fixing the grammar and rewriting parts of the post; I wasn't completely satisfied with the post even after it had been published, and so I spent a few more minutes working on it. When I was finished I was surprised at how badly I had written the piece before I had made all the corrections. I put it down to rushing and fatigue.

If you ever spot an error in one of my posts, be it grammatical, style, factual, etc., do not hesitate to let me know. While I don't expect my readers to proofread my posts for me, I am happy to be informed if there is a mistake in need of correction. I have updated my FAQ to let readers know what to do if they see a mistake.

A few months ago, I slightly misremembered a particular moment of a social gathering, and the blog post I'd written about it had a minute error in the real-life sequence of events. Someone I know in person was kind enough to text to inform me about my minor mistake!

2 comments:

  1. ditto! I found a mistake on a post earlier this week after it had been up for HOURS and was mortified. let's promise we'll tell each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise, but your writing is so wonderful I doubt I would ever need to do so. :)

      I had one error up for several months before I noticed it.

      Delete