Wednesday 2 January 2013

A post a day

One of my goals for 2012 was to write a blog post on every day of the year. Whether it was a sentence or a full article, I was successful in creating a piece of writing each day; there were some days when I thought I wasn't going to get a post in, but I always managed to pull through every time. As I am interested in writing and proofreading/copyediting, I am pleased about this and consider it significant.

This being said, for 2013 and beyond, do I think that a daily post will be sustainable? My answer is no. My posts will be frequent for the time being, but I will inevitably become more busy (hopefully with other writing and social activities) and my time for blogging will be cut down drastically. However, no matter what happens I will endeavour to write, at a minimum, a weekly post (which was my original goal for this blog), and writing something each day will always be important to me.

6 comments:

  1. I keep reading about a "line a day" journal - not something published, but a private diary where you just note down one sentence every day. I like that! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do keep a journal of notable events. :) I wouldn't call it my best writing, but it's something else (and a useful reference!).

      Delete
  2. I think it's worth a try. I'm going to try that too -- see what happens with a 18 credit semester and 25 hours of work combined with the two jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goal, I always tried for 3 times a week so I had days in between to put some thought into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) My lengthier posts have usually been thought about a few days in advance, but on occasions I have written a long piece on the spot. If you're feeling creative and start writing you don't stop!

      Delete