Saturday 5 January 2013

Down go the decorations

Our decorations for Christmas 2012 have now been put away for the year. Over the morning and part of the afternoon the lights came down, the baubles on the staircases were removed and our two trees were stripped of all their festive garments. Only one object remains: an angel:

It's a similar situation to last year when I left my snowman out. The snowman was re-united with his fellow Christmas decorations this time, but somehow this angel was missed and I'll have to keep her safe in my room all year as a result!

4 comments:

  1. We took our's down on Thursday. Doesn't the house feel so empty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that angel is beautiful! a friend sent me a Christmas package (including something for the tree) that I didn't get until I returned to DC yesterday, so I have the ornament on my bedside table and it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad you like the ornament from your friend!

      Delete