Sunday 27 January 2013

"Joints & Jam" - Black Eyed Peas

I've long been a fan of the Black Eyed Peas; the first song of theirs I ever heard was "Let's Get It Started", from their 2003 album Elephunk, but I didn't really get into them until "Don't Lie" and "My Humps, from Monkey Business in 2005, were released (I'd always been a fan of Fergie, though). Until this afternoon, I had never heard any of their pre-Elephunk work, and so I decided to listen to "Joints & Jam", one of their earliest singles, from their debut album Behind the Front:


"Joints and Jam" was released in late 1998 and is a vastly different style of music to the more dance-oriented tracks from the Black Eyed Peas' recent two albums, The E.N.D. and The Beginning. Fergie isn't present in the song since she was in the band Wild Orchid back then; Kim Hill is the lady featured, and she left the Black Eyed Peas in 2000. "Joints & Jam" was also featured on the soundtrack for the film Bulworth.

2 comments: