Friday 4 January 2013

Resisting temptation

Inspired by both the final paragraph in my previous post and the forgotten chocolate bar I bought for my parents, I am waiting for a month before eating my remaining Christmas chocolates. I'm usually the quickest person in my family to have consumed all their Christmas foods, and I've already eaten more than half of my 2012 lot. Consequently, I've decided to not eat the rest until at least 4th February 2013; after that date, every subsequent day where I continue to deny myself from eating the chocolates will be considered a bonus.

What makes this test of willpower more interesting is that the chocolates I have left are among my favourites; they are a container of Celebrations, a box of Thorntons and a collection of Fererro Rocher:

Unlike the mint cake and the chocolate bar, this is a conscious decision to resist temptation rather than an accident. I also won't wait a year or more to eat these chocolates! (I'm keeping them in my room rather than the fridge; it'll become warm here in the spring and they'll melt.) I shall be writing updates on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment