Friday 20 January 2012

The Hits Radio

I blogged previously about listening to Heart Cambridge and then Heart Northamptonshire. While I still listen to Heart Northamptonshire, the station I listen to the most is The Hits Radio.

I came across it when looking for a hit/pop music radio station; I certainly appreciate the variety of music Heart plays, but at the same time I really do like a station that plays current music. When we moved to Northamptonshire, I was really lucky to come across The Hits Radio as it satisfied that "requirement" of mine: I did have a pop station to listen to in Littleport, and it was adequate, but it frustrated me because it did not always play everything popular at the time...The Hits Radio, on the other hand, does not have that problem.

The Hits Radio plays current pop music, and songs from the past few years: as an example, I was pleasantly surprised to hear a Kelly Clarkson hit from several years ago played on The Hits Radio (yes, I have Breakaway, but it is still good to hear songs from the album on the radio). The artists themselves are often interviewed; and the station also plays plenty of remixes of songs and dance hits, which I very much appreciate. Even better, it has a high music-to-commercials ratio, which is brilliant because I hear far more songs than I do adverts.

My listening times are mainly between 4:00pm-7:00/7:30, mainly when Chris Younie and then In:Demand are on; and 10:00-12:00 (Matt Spokes). The presenters for when I am listening are all decent people: they accept requests, are good for saying a song's name or its artist, and appear to have great senses of humour (actually, they do not "appear to"...they just do!).

The Hits Radio was a perfect find for me: it is great to listen to and I am happy to do a piece on the station.

2 comments: