Sunday 29 January 2012

"Crazy in the Deep"

I wrote before that I like mashups, and in particular the two I mentioned in that article. A more recent mashup that I have heard on the radio and come to appreciate is "Crazy in the Deep"...the merging of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy". The two songs fit almost perfectly when combined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuQCqCdZZ-s

The interesting thing is, when I heard "Rolling in the Deep" originally, I was reminded of "Crazy". When I listened to the mashup for the first time, I was not surprised by how well they went together, but instead very pleased.

I would be delighted to hear if anyone can think of other songs that would fit as well together as these two do. None spring to mind for me at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I might have to think on this one for a bit. I did read that Hootie and the Blowfish's "I Wanna Be With You" and "Let Her Cry" apparently fit together and they're next to each other on the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to have a listen! I haven't heard of them before. :)

    Two songs that did occur to me after I posted this were Beyonce's "Halo" and Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone". Those two might work well together as the ones mentioned in the post do, though they don't bring out the same feeling that Adele and Gnarls Barcley did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounded so soothing and out of this world. Thanks for sharing it. I really got lost in it Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely song, and I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete