Thursday 26 January 2012

Nose, throat, and a lack of sleep

I spoke too soon in hoping yesterday would be the worst part of my cold: I have the same symptoms today as I did before, but "lack of sleep" can now be added to it. Despite going to bed early last night, I estimate that I go no more than an hour's sleep; it was strange because no matter what I did, I could just not fall asleep. It was one of my worst nights in several months, and it felt as though it was lasting longer than it really was: at one point I looked at the clock and saw that it was midnight, and when I checked it again at a time I assumed was then two or three hours later, it was only five minutes to 1:00am.

On the bright side, I am feeling better mentally today, and I was able to get some sleep this afternoon. The sun has also been out today...less dull skies as with the past few days! Dad's cold has been steadily fading, and he is a lot more cheerful than he was about a week ago.

Finally, I promise that I will post something different tomorrow: I would rather not complain too much here about how I am feeling from my cold!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you feel better. Remember lots of soup and tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been drinking peppermint tea, as I have found that has been helping. I managed to get a recent amount of sleep since this blog post, too.

    ReplyDelete