Sunday 15 January 2012

Texting

While I have not yet used it outside the house, I do like my new phone. It has been fun to explore its features, change its sound effects, or even just mess about with the touchscreen by moving from panel to panel within the phone itself. Not surprisingly, the first feature I was quick to master was texting.

I have been typing for most of my life, and my phone's keypad is easy to use: I can quickly type something out on my phone without having to resort to "how r u"-type speech and send it. The only "drawback" with being able to text so well is that Dad now often texts me, despite him being downstairs. I now get texts saying "s'up pup?", or informing me that dinner will be ready in ten minutes; I normally respond with "yo dawg" or "mu" and await the next response.

This is not a complaint; in reality, the texting is funny, as was texting each other with silly messages over Skype. The only trouble with phone texting is that you have to worry about running up texting costs, but we do not need to worry about that at the moment. Besides, my brother's phone is now online, and Dad can bug him with texts; in fact, I think I will too.

5 comments:

  1. My mam recently got a Blackberry as her old phone broke and, as she's still getting used to texting with the small qwerty keyboard, she keeps texting me even though we're in the same house. So I understand the occurrence of someone texting you when it's not very neccessary to do so as you're both in the same house. I'm not complaining either btw. Just thought I'd mention that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I'm glad she is happy with her new Blackberry. :) It may not be necessary, but it sure is fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's was frustrated with not knowing how to operate it at first as it was comparably a lot more complicated to use than her old phone. It's still the early days so she's slowly getting the hang of it but give it another week and she'll probably be completely happy with it then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. I finally got an unlimited plan and it brought prices down immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny, what was her old model of phone?

    @Jessica, I think mine is just a top-up plan. I have free texts for 30 days (or 5,000 texts, but I doubt I'll do that many within a month!).

    ReplyDelete