Thursday 23 June 2011

Heart Cambridge

The radio station I have been listening to the most here in North East Cambridgeshire has been Heart Cambridge. It plays a variety of music, ranging from songs that are new, into the 1990s to the 1970s, and to a few going back to the early 1960s. It is thanks to this station that I have been able to listen to artists such as Patsy Cline, Whitney Houston, the Bee Gees, Robbie Williams, and Barry White...the range of music I have listened to has been expanded. In addition, it has also played a few songs that I really liked listening to years ago on the radio, including "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter, "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, and "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson: while I can listen to these songs anytime, listening to them on the radio again brings back memories, and I thank Heart for this.

I tend to listen to it every night, and the late afternoons of every weekend, and at all the occasions I am listening to Heart Cambridge it is once the tasks of the day are done. I like the Late Show with Simon Beale, the Club Classics on Friday and Saturday nights, Harriet Scott on Saturday afternoons (previously Emma Bunton, but she is having a baby, so congratulations to her!), and the Top 40 on Sunday afternoons. The Late Show with Simon Beale is the show playing during weekdays except for Friday, and it is great to listen to it while relaxing to go to sleep. Nicola Bonn is also good whenever I have heard her fill in for somebody.

It has been wonderful to hear songs I have never heard before, and to hear a few songs that I have not heard on the radio for years. I will definitely miss Heart Cambridge, its music, and its presenters when we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment