Friday 27 January 2012

Abandoned rabbits

I read this article earlier about three rabbits that had been abandoned, with the most probable reason for their abandonment being their ears:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092618/No-loves-Three-earless-pet-rabbits-abandoned-basket-doorstep.html

I have always hated it when people abandon, neglect, or outright abuse animals; if the reason for Benny, Bluebell, and Polo being abandoned was solely because they were "imperfect" from the state of their ears, then the previous owners are truly despicable. It is not as though the rabbits chose to have one ear (or in Polo's situation, none at all), and they deserve to be treated kindly and given a good home regardless of what they look like.

4 comments:

  1. That's such a horrible thing to do but I'm sure it probably happens a lot more frequently than what gets reported. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it probably does. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me sick people do that. It happens a lot in the US. :( I wish I could get to the UK and adopt them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch "Animal Precinct" on the Animal Planet plus some of the "Animal Cops" variants: it always made me upset to see the mistreatment of animals shown on those shows.

    ReplyDelete