Friday 6 January 2012

Downing the decorations

We removed and packed away all our decorations today, and it took us less than a hour and a half to do it. My brother removed the staircase baubles in less than half an hour, the two trees were stripped of their garments in only a couple of minutes, and even the lights were easy to put away. Normally it takes as long to put decorations away as it does to put them up, but this year I was surprised at just how fast we got the job done. Maybe we were better organised this year than we have been in the past, or perhaps because the house was easy to decorate it was equally easy to take said decorations back down.

It does feel different now that the decorations are away again for now, as it truly signifies the end of the Christmas season, but I will get over it very quickly. After all, as odd as it initially feels when decorations are packed, I would feel stranger if they were still up in the summer.

3 comments:

  1. My mom always threatens that she will keep them up all year round because the house looks so empty without them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it's not quite so bad with inside decorations...it's year-round outdoor lights that look the most silly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, I wish my parents were the same way!

    For us, it's always quicker to take down. It makes me feel sad though.

    ReplyDelete