Saturday 14 January 2012

My daily decoration

I promise that this will be my last Christmas decoration-related post for a while! Anyway, soon after I wrote this post and this one, it occurred to me that I do have a Christmas decoration out all year: a snow globe.

For as long as I have had this globe (going back years, although my family owned it back when we were living in California), it has never been put away (barring moves). I have always had it either on a shelf, a bookcase, or a window ledge. In fact, the only time it was put away for a significant amount of time was, not surprisingly, when it was packed for the move to the United Kingdom.

One could say that it is difficult to put a snow globe away because of their fragility, but with some practise, packing one can be easy and storage/moving damage to the globe can be avoided. This globe has been out for such a long period of time that it is no longer a Christmas decoration, but rather, an item that belongs in my room. I am fond of my snow globe, although it is battered in parts and I am worried about it breaking.

2 comments:

  1. I like that snow globe. For me, I have a Christman beanie baby that stays out all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) Actually, one part that is broken is the mini-Santa within the globe itself: he came unstuck from the bottom and now floats around!

    ReplyDelete