Saturday 6 September 2014

Two bus events

Two notable events happened yesterday on the bus:

The first was that I witnessed a driver change-over, which I hadn't seen before. When the bus pulled in at the Nottingham main bus depot, the driver collected his items, said goodbye to his former passengers and then exited. The new driver then boarded the bus.

As for the second, remember the bus driver who remembered me? He boarded just as the new driver took over; the difference is, the driver who remembered me was riding as a passenger, not as a driver. I suppose even bus drivers sometimes need to use the bus as well, huh? He said hello to me as he walked past, so I'm guessing that he remembered me for a second time; if not, at least he was being friendly.

I've now been riding the buses in Nottingham for long enough now to start recognising some of the drivers, besides the one with the good memory.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't those interesting? They don't do that here, but they did do that in Baltimore and Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends where the depot is for the drivers to change over.

      Delete