Wednesday 24 September 2014

The bus card

I received my bus card this morning. I went down to the college library with three friends to check whether or not we had any stationery. We did, but it wouldn't be present until late in the afternoon; rather than wait, we opted to pick it up tomorrow instead.

After I left the library, I visited the student finance services desk to check the status of my application for help with transportation funding. I applied back on enrolment day but a couple of weeks later I received a form asking me for additional information. When I went to the desk today, one of the ladies there informed me that my application had been approved and that my bus card was ready. She also said that a letter had been sent out yesterday to me; when I receive it, the letter will tell me to collect the card, but since I already have it, the letter is moot.

Now that I have the card, I no longer have to worry about paying for bus trips to the college and back. The only transportation expenses I'll have will be for personal bus journeys.

2 comments: